These founders helped to establish Time Lord society and technology.
He is perhaps the single greatest figure in Time Lord history, certainly the most important, and is generally considered the First Time Lord.
The list of what Rassilon has done is extensive, but among these things he has:
- Invented TARDISes
- Mastered time travel
- Battled and defeated the Great Vampires
- Ended the "Dark Times" of Gallifrey's past
- Created the foundations of Time Lord science
- He may have created Time Lords themselves - the genetic link that lets Time Lords travel through time without ill effects, is known as the Rassilon Imprimatur.
- He created the Eye of Harmony - a black hole that was captured and contained under the Panopticon. This harnessed black hole was said to power all of Time Lord civilization, including TARDISes
Many rumours also surround Rassilon's death, but the most persistent say he discovered a form of true immortality beyond regeneration. But he hid this secret with his remains in the Tomb of Rassilon
It was later discovered that Rassilon did indeed discover immortality, but realised it was too dangerous a secret to share so hid it in his tomb. The penance for anyone wishing to live for ever was to be turned into a statue.
Sometimes called the First Time Lord, though this title is more often given to Rassilon.
In the 'Dark Times' of Gallifrey, Omega created the Hand of Omega - a devise which could "customise stars" Working with Rassilon, Omega harnessed the energy from the stars, and used it to enabled the TARDISes and Time Lords to travel through time.
Both Omega and the Hand were believed lost, but both actually survived Omega was transported through a black hole to a universe of anti-matter, which he was able to shape through his mind.
He stayed there, trapped, for millennia, and still wearing the amour and helmet he designed to protect him from the corrosive effect of the anti-matter.
Twice, Omega has tried to have revenge on the Time Lords for abandoning him:
- The world he was trapped in was unstable, so he tried to capture the Doctor to take his place. Both the 2nd and 3rd Doctor were brought there, but Omega finds that his body has been diminished, and he only exists in mental form.
- Trying to escape his prison again, Omega merged with the 5th Doctor through the Arc of Infinity, located in Amsterdam, but the Doctor foils his plot.
He was known as one of the three members of the Truimvirate, who founded the Time Lord Society after the cult of Pythia was ended.
But the birth and origin of The Other is still a mystery among the Time Lords...
As Rassilon's's rule moved closer to despotism and Gallifrey's borders were sealed, the Other attempted to escape the planet by hurling himself into the Looms to await eventual reconstitution.Some sources imply that he was re-loomed some ten million years later to the House of Lungbarrow as the Time Lord who would become known as the Doctor...
While other people believe that the Other's biodata left in the Looms gave rise to a certain Time Lord characteristic, namely that of discontentment and a rebellious streak. This is widely known as the characteristic that the Deca's generation of Time Lords displayed.